Friday, December 2, 2011

Chicken Noodle Casserole

This is based on the basic tuna noodle casserole. I found canned chicken on sale cheaper than tuna, so I used that instead. You could use leftover chicken or turkey (especially at Thanksgiving). I didn't have enough egg noodles, so I used whole wheat rotini instead. I didn't have peas, carrots, or mixed vegetables in a can or frozen, so I used some frozen stir fry vegetables. I tossed them in with the pasta to cook. When they were finished, I strained the veggies and pasta, before assembling the casserole.

I preheated the oven at 350.

I mixed the chicken, pasta, and vegetables in my stone casserole dish, before I poured the cream of mushroom soup over them. I baked it for 20-30 minutes.

Mel loved the stir fry vegetables in the casserole. This recipe was deemed a keeper.

Your Cooking Goddess,
Ellen Tevault

No comments:

Post a Comment